Our Work: Vans Direct
Website Development and ongoing support for multiple business websites
Vans Direct approached us to build and support a new site for their expanding van sales business with the idea the foundations and backend could be used with a new design for another business brand.
One essential requirement was to minimise manual content management as much as possible for the Vans Direct team.
About Vans Direct
Vans Direct is a van leasing broker based in the UK. Vans Direct started in 1999 in the Welsh Valleys and has since grown into the UK’s No. 1 independent commercial vehicle retailer.
"The team at GorillaHub are professional and efficient, with support always at hand"
New data-driven engine powering 2 van sales websites
The new website engine was powered by WordPress and made use of the flexible data management capabilities the platform provides. All vehicle data, from specifications to pricing and lease details, can be uploaded once from a preformatted CSV file, meeting Vans Direct’s objective for simple content management. To further improve workflow, all leads were sent via API to external business systems.
The site core was re-skinned for the sister brand, Van Man and some elements were also repurposed for their Van Finance site.
Vans Direct regularly make use of the included support time in their Site Management Care Plan and, since launching in 2016 has been updated to keep pace with the business objectives and market.
Following the acquisition by Vertu Motors, the site is slated for replacement in Q4 2022.
This was one of the most technical website builds GorillaHub has undertaken and I’m proud it continues to serve Vans Direct after so many years. Craig Harffey, Technical Director
New data driven website for presentation of vehicle details and offers
– Flexible data design allowed for re-use
– Simple data and pricing updates through CSV import
– 6 year website lifespan
– Leads delivered via API to business systems
What Vans Direct SayS
The team at GorillaHub are professional and efficient, with support always at hand. We’ve used them for many years, across multiple websites and endless projects. Their ticketing system is simple and no request is too big. We’re regularly updated on the status of our websites and projects which is helpful when running your own business
- Managing DirectorVans Direct
Want to work with us?
If this is the sort of work you are looking for from the kind of partner you want to work with, please get in touch and we’ll see how we an help.
- Award-winning IT services provider, Atmosphere IT, is very comfortable looking after their website but wants the peace of mind that comes with a managed service. Atmosphere IT has expectations its suppliers need to meet their high standards for technical support and customer service.
- Argon International work with company executives and management teams to shape and deliver their transformation agendas, through a blend of business consulting and people solutions. They were looking for a reliable support partner to professionally manage their website.